Wednesday, February 4, 2015

TELL IT LIKE IT IS

The English language is complex, confusing and fascinating. I love its cadence, inflections, twists and turns and double meanings. The tiny word "in" placed in front of familiar words changes the meaning and tickles the funny bone.

Regarding chocolate, I'm in Satiable. I prefer milk chocolate with nuts, but I enjoy all varieties.

People who are in Considerate upset me. I prefer polite kindness.

I've been in many places, but I've never been in Kahoots. You can't go alone - someone has to be in Kahoots with you.

I've never been in Cognito. I hear no one recognizes you there.

However, I have been in Sane. They don't have an airport; you have to be driven, and I've been there several times.

I've also been in Doubt. It's a sad place and I try not to visit there often.

I've been in Flexible, but only when it was very important to stand firm.

One of my favorite places to be is in Suspense. I head straight for that section in the library.

I may have been in Continent, but I don't remember what country I was in.

I try not to be in Tolerant. You can lose friends there.

I was in Consolable when the Cowboys lost to the Packers, but then I said, "We'll take 'em next year."

Another fun activity is making a list of ordinary words preceded by "en." You'll be en Grossed for a long time.

Quote for the day: To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible. ~ Thomas Acquinas

No comments:

Post a Comment